With the first round of registrations and RSVPs for Eat Drink Blog now at a close and the RSVP numbers crunched, we’re ready for round 2. A small number of additional places have become available – these are essentially from places we had reserved for conference day presenters, guests and sponsors who can’t stay on for the entire day – and we’re passing them on to you!
We realise now via your feedback that not everyone in the blogging community was aware that the conference was being organised and that the call for registrations had taken place so hopefully this is the second chance for those who missed out on the first round.
The registration process and criteria are below and we’ve taken on your feedback and reduced the blog age to minimum of 6 months old. But due to time constraints and the looming conference drawing near, it’ll be a first come first served format. Once our additional allocation of places are filled, we’ll close the registrations – so as per the post title, get in quick!
The entry criteria are as follows:
- Your blog must be a minimum 6 months old
- Your blog must have a minimum of 1 post per month, and a minimum of 18 posts per year to qualify
- There is a strict limit of one person attending per blog
- We’re looking for a cross section of food bloggers covering food, drink, restaurant, baking and cooking
- We are not looking for bloggers officially representing commercial interests, i.e. those employed to blog for payment for brands, restaurants or companies (as stated previously, we do not mean bloggers who do or have accepted sponsored posts)
- This event is entirely free to attend. There are no registration or attendance fees
Edit: Second round registrations have now closed
On behalf of the organising committee, it is my pleasure to announce the Eat. Drink. Blog. 2011 Photography Competition.
Eat. Drink. Blog. 2011 Photography Competition
The competition will give the Australian food blogging community the opportunity to showcase some of their best photographic work over the past year.
A small panel of professional food photographers will judge all entries and select the top 15 entries as finalists. The finalist entries will be printed and put on display at a small photo exhibition to be hosted at Bitton Gourmet.
Once the judges have selected the finalists, the competition will be split into two main streams – the Impact Award selected by the judging panel, and a Community Award selected by popular vote from the blogging community, readers and the general public.
Eat. Drink. Blog. Media Hub
The Eat. Drink. Blog. Media Hub has been setup as the central HQ for all multimedia content from the conference, and associated events such as the photography competition and photo exhibition.
Below is a quick orientation of the Media Hub gallery. Click on the image for a full-sized version.
Competition Entry Details
Submissions for the competition will close Friday 14th October. The finalists will be announced in the following week and voting for the Community Award will commence soon afterward. More details will be made available once the finalists are announced.
I look forward to seeing all your wonderful entries!
We are thrilled to announce that the Second Australian Foodbloggers Conference will be held on November 5, 2011 in Sydney at the Electrolux Demonstration Showroom in Mascot.
We’re are delighted that Electrolux have been able to work with us to provide us with this fabulous space which will allow us to almost double the number of attendees we can host, from 45 last year to around 80 participants this year.
Stay tuned for more details….
Everyone who attended the conference learned something new, whether it was about SEO, wordpress v blogger or simply why people blog…here are a round up of the presentations that were made available. Hopefully more to come!:
Penny’s Presentation on How to be Social
Brian Ward’s Presentation on hyperlocalism
Nola James Presentation on Photography
Ellie Won’s presentation: Delicious
Stephen Escourt QC who couldn’t make it, contributed this excellent piece about the Lessons of the “Coco Roco” Case for Foodbloggers: Don’t get Caught in the Mincer
There was some fascinating discussion around WordPress v Blogger. Phil Lees has some tips for moving for those who want to give it a go.
Well I don’t think I’d be the only one to say that the inaugural Australian Food Bloggers Conference, Eat. Drink. Blog. 2010 was a resounding success. What an absolutely awesome day!
Check out these blogs and galleries for the lowdown before and after the event. If I have missed your post, please tweet me @tummyrumbles.
- Abstract Gourmet – Eat. Drink.Blog. – The Food Bloggers Conference
- Abstract Gourmet – Flickr gallery
- confessions of a food nazi – Eat.Drink.Blog – Australian food bloggers conference (part 1)
- confessions of a food nazi – Australian food bloggers conference – how and why I blog about food (part 2)
- Cooking Down Under – Why we blog
- Cooking Down Under – Flickr gallery
- Fitzroyalty – 2010 Australian food blogger conference
- Fitzroyalty – EatDrinkBlog – the Australian food bloggers conference
- Fitzroyalty – EatDrinkBlog – the afterparty
- Green Gourmet Giraffe – Eat Drink Blog Conference – notes and reflections
- I Am Obsessed With Food | No really I am…. – Eat.Drink.Blog.2010
- “…it pleases us” – Eat. Drink. Blog – Australian food bloggers conference
- Jeroxie (addictive and consuming) – Eat.Drink.Blog – The Australian food and drink bloggers’ conference
- Lisa Dempster Unwakeable – Eat Drink Blog 2010
- Lisa Dempster Unwakeable – How and why I blog
- Lisa Dempster – Flickr gallery
- Melbourne Gastronome – MFWF and Eat.Drink.Blog. round-up
- My Aching Head – EatDrinkSpew
- Once a waitress, always a waitress – The how and why of blog photography
- Progressive Dinner Party – Eat.Drink.Blog – Australia’s first food bloggers conference
- Progressive Dinner Party – Eat.Drink.Blog – the washup
- Progressive Dinner Party – What we talk about when we talk about food blogging
- ravenous – Eat.Drink.Blog. 2010
- SBS Food – The Australian Food Bloggers’ Conference 2010
- SBS Food – Eat Drink Blog Photo Gallery
- Second helping – Eat.Drink.Blog. 2010
- 6lumens.com – SBS Food Bloggers Photo Exhibition
- Spatula, Spoon and Saturday – Eat.Drink.Blog. 2010 Australian Food Bloggers Conference (Part I)
- The Cake Mistress – Eat Drink Blog Conference 2010 – How and Why We Blog
- The Last Appetite – Getting my focus back
- th0i3 – Flickr gallery
- Tomato – Food blogger photo exhibition this week at St Ali
- Tomato – Flickr gallery
- Travelling in Mary Janes – Australia’s Inaugural Food Bloggers Conference 2010 – Eat.Drink.Blog
- Travelling in Mary Janes – St. Ali, South Melbourne & The food bloggers of Australia: Eat Drink Blog 2010
- tummyrumbles.com – How and why I blog
We even got a mention in The Age.
I’d also like to take this opportunity to thank the generosity of our sponsors, without which it would have been a very dull day indeed:
- The Essential Ingredient provided the venue, staff and a prize for a tweet your favourite @EsntlIngredient competition. It was totally inspiring to have our conference about food blogging in such a hallowed space.
- SBS Food sponsored the exhibition of photographs from food and wine blogs, and provided each attendee with a little goodie bag to take home, which included episode 2 of Italian Food Safari, before it airs on TV!
- St Ali provided attendees with lunch and the evening meal by chef Ben Cooper, plus the space for the exhibition and kick-off cocktail party. We applaud the fantastic floor staff for their enthusiasm, and Ben and his team for taking us on an interesting culinary adventure. Many people broke their fish eye cherries that night.
- Der Raum provided some seriously inventive cocktails and drinks. Check the twitter pics for smoking poison bottles and hip flasks in paper bags.
- Prentice Wine provided a corker of a wine matched to our evening meal.
- Red Hill Brewery slaked our thirst with some local hand crafted ales.
- Daylesford and Hepburn Springs Mineral Springs Co kept us hydrated throughout the day with sparkling mineral water and soft drinks.
Lastly, I would like to thank all the bloggers who made this such a successful event. Your excitement and willingness to discuss what all this food and wine blogging business is about just made it totally rock.
Eat Drink Blog it is for the Food Bloggers’ Conference.
I’m suggesting for the photography exhibition element”Eat Drink Blog. Shoot”
It’s now full steam ahead for the 21 March 2010. The first year is small with 45 places and it costs nothing to attend, enter the photography show, attend the drinks party and meal thanks to our partners The Essential Ingredient and St Ali.
Just register your interest below and watch this space.