Well I don’t think I’d be the only one to say that the inaugural Australian Food Bloggers Conference, Eat. Drink. Blog. 2010 was a resounding success. What an absolutely awesome day!
Check out these blogs and galleries for the lowdown before and after the event. If I have missed your post, please tweet me @tummyrumbles.
- Abstract Gourmet – Eat. Drink.Blog. – The Food Bloggers Conference
- Abstract Gourmet – Flickr gallery
- confessions of a food nazi – Eat.Drink.Blog – Australian food bloggers conference (part 1)
- confessions of a food nazi – Australian food bloggers conference – how and why I blog about food (part 2)
- Cooking Down Under – Why we blog
- Cooking Down Under – Flickr gallery
- Fitzroyalty – 2010 Australian food blogger conference
- Fitzroyalty – EatDrinkBlog – the Australian food bloggers conference
- Fitzroyalty – EatDrinkBlog – the afterparty
- Green Gourmet Giraffe – Eat Drink Blog Conference – notes and reflections
- I Am Obsessed With Food | No really I am…. – Eat.Drink.Blog.2010
- “…it pleases us” – Eat. Drink. Blog – Australian food bloggers conference
- Jeroxie (addictive and consuming) – Eat.Drink.Blog – The Australian food and drink bloggers’ conference
- Lisa Dempster Unwakeable – Eat Drink Blog 2010
- Lisa Dempster Unwakeable – How and why I blog
- Lisa Dempster – Flickr gallery
- Melbourne Gastronome – MFWF and Eat.Drink.Blog. round-up
- My Aching Head – EatDrinkSpew
- Once a waitress, always a waitress – The how and why of blog photography
- Progressive Dinner Party – Eat.Drink.Blog – Australia’s first food bloggers conference
- Progressive Dinner Party – Eat.Drink.Blog – the washup
- Progressive Dinner Party – What we talk about when we talk about food blogging
- ravenous – Eat.Drink.Blog. 2010
- SBS Food – The Australian Food Bloggers’ Conference 2010
- SBS Food – Eat Drink Blog Photo Gallery
- Second helping – Eat.Drink.Blog. 2010
- 6lumens.com – SBS Food Bloggers Photo Exhibition
- Spatula, Spoon and Saturday – Eat.Drink.Blog. 2010 Australian Food Bloggers Conference (Part I)
- The Cake Mistress – Eat Drink Blog Conference 2010 – How and Why We Blog
- The Last Appetite – Getting my focus back
- th0i3 – Flickr gallery
- Tomato – Food blogger photo exhibition this week at St Ali
- Tomato – Flickr gallery
- Travelling in Mary Janes – Australia’s Inaugural Food Bloggers Conference 2010 – Eat.Drink.Blog
- Travelling in Mary Janes – St. Ali, South Melbourne & The food bloggers of Australia: Eat Drink Blog 2010
- tummyrumbles.com – How and why I blog
We even got a mention in The Age.
I’d also like to take this opportunity to thank the generosity of our sponsors, without which it would have been a very dull day indeed:
- The Essential Ingredient provided the venue, staff and a prize for a tweet your favourite @EsntlIngredient competition. It was totally inspiring to have our conference about food blogging in such a hallowed space.
- SBS Food sponsored the exhibition of photographs from food and wine blogs, and provided each attendee with a little goodie bag to take home, which included episode 2 of Italian Food Safari, before it airs on TV!
- St Ali provided attendees with lunch and the evening meal by chef Ben Cooper, plus the space for the exhibition and kick-off cocktail party. We applaud the fantastic floor staff for their enthusiasm, and Ben and his team for taking us on an interesting culinary adventure. Many people broke their fish eye cherries that night.
- Der Raum provided some seriously inventive cocktails and drinks. Check the twitter pics for smoking poison bottles and hip flasks in paper bags.
- Prentice Wine provided a corker of a wine matched to our evening meal.
- Red Hill Brewery slaked our thirst with some local hand crafted ales.
- Daylesford and Hepburn Springs Mineral Springs Co kept us hydrated throughout the day with sparkling mineral water and soft drinks.
Lastly, I would like to thank all the bloggers who made this such a successful event. Your excitement and willingness to discuss what all this food and wine blogging business is about just made it totally rock.