Great news. SBS Food has come onboard to sponsor/partner a one week photo exhibition of food and drink bloggers’ photos to kick off on Sunday March 21.
SBS joins our other sponsors The Essential Ingredient, which is providing the daytime venue and coffee roaster, cafe, cum restaurant St Ali, which is providing food, the evening meal (by chef Ben Cooper), and the space for the exhibition and kick-off cocktail party.
Even cooler are our drinks partners. We will have cocktails provided by Der Raum (with perhaps some liquid nitrogen floating around), wine by Prentice Wine, beer by the Red Hill Brewery and soft drinks and water by Daylesford and Hepburn Springs Mineral Springs Co.
This is very cool as it will help spread the word about food blogs to the broader community.
Enter your pictures
To enter simply submit your pictures to the Eat.Drink.Blog.2010 Flickr group and our judges (who are being sorted in the next few days)
DEADLINE: Midnight Sunday March 7 2010
The Guidelines and small print
1. Submissions are open to Australian and New Zealand food and drink blogs only.
2. Try and limit your submissions to half a dozen or less.
3. Each picture will be framed and the entrant will received the framed copy. At some point we will need to get hold of a high resolution copy of the pic for printing.
4. The pictures should be original works from 2009/2010, have been blogged and the copyright owned by the entrant.
5. In return for SBS Food’s support, I’ve said they can include each of the pictures in the exhibition in an online slideshow which will include a blogger profile on the SBS Food website. By entering you will be agreeing to this.
6. That’s about it. All entrants will be invited to the cocktail launch.
7. A judge cannot vote on their own work but we’d love them all to enter.
8. That’s all.
We have a logo. If you are coming or supporting the Food Bloggers’ Conference, please post it on your blog. I’ve provided code to download and past into sidebar widgets here that also link to the main content of this blog.
You can download a word document here which contains code to paste into your sidebar to feature the conference logo.
Any problems, please let us know.
As you know positions at the Eat Drink Blog conference are limited (only 45 available) and although it is based in Melbourne, we want all Australian Food Bloggers to be included. So we are opening up a form for people interested (this means you definitely can come) in attending. We will keep the nominations open for a week or so and then if needs be randomly select people on a state by state basis. Ideally this will mean that each state is equally represented.
So, get to it. Here’s the form to register your interest and be sure to fill out all of the fields.
Please note that registration has now closed.
Eat Drink Blog it is for the Food Bloggers’ Conference.
I’m suggesting for the photography exhibition element”Eat Drink Blog. Shoot”
It’s now full steam ahead for the 21 March 2010. The first year is small with 45 places and it costs nothing to attend, enter the photography show, attend the drinks party and meal thanks to our partners The Essential Ingredient and St Ali.
Just register your interest below and watch this space.